Ride for Music
Raising Awareness on the Importance of Music
THE PICK ME UP FOUNDATION was set up to help bring the joy of music to children who otherwise wouldn’t have the opportunity to play an instrument, take music lessons, or learn how to record music
Children Who Are Involved in Music
- Have larger vocabularies and increased reading skills
- Are more likely to excel in school, work better in teams, have enhanced critical thinking skills, stay in school, and pursue further education.
- Reported the lowest lifetime and current use of all substances (tobacco, alcohol, and illicit drugs).
The Pick Me Up Foundation was set up in memory of Aaron Reed, a great musician/song writer; lover of music and someone who loved to share the gift of music with his friends and family. Consider helping us by:
- Support the Ride for Music Bike Ride (August 15th)
- Attend the Happy Hour Fundraiser at Nottingham’s (in August, exact date to be posted on website and social media)
- Donating an instrument – instruments are reconditioned and given to under resourced children
- Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and help spread the word